A Recap for Beyond Good and Evil 2
All right gamers welcome back. This is getting nerve-racking trying to find out details on the new Beyond Good and Evil 2 game. I did a post a while ago talking about some development updates and even join the program. Today we are getting some new updates from the Space Monkey Program and let’s check that out.
Creating 3D Characters for BGE2
First off, developing a game of this magnitude is going to take some time. I get that especially since this is a step up from the first game. It should be noted that many of us are excited that they are sticking to the cartoon style with humanoid animals. There has been an uprising to many games “Growing up” and doing more only human stories. It is missed seeing more of the anamorphic creatures in games.
Either way here is a more in-depth post about the 3D character design.
What exactly goes into creating the amazing human and hybrid characters for Beyond Good and Evil 2? Three of our Character Artists – Sébastien, Pascal and Anthony – participated in this year’s ZBrush Summit in Los Angeles where they talked about the creative and production processes for 3D modeling, and more particularly their work with Unit Image on BGE2’s two cinematic trailers.
Not bad at all on these designs and seeing what they showcased in their video gives me hope.
Space Monkey Report #6 Recap
This was originally posted on November 13th, 2019 and we are just doing a refresh to what are things to come.
For those of you who were able to join us, we hope you enjoyed our Space Monkey Report #6 Livestream, brought to you by the BGE2 team and live from Ubisoft Experience Paris!
The livestream was a chance for the team to give an update on Beyond Good and Evil 2’s creative direction and development, for the first time in front of a live audience. The livestream showcased the team’s work on 3D character modeling and customization, how Diwalite is central to System 3, as well as a discussion about music, sound design and extending the community collaboration project with HITRECORD. The game’s musical composer, Christophe Héral, also performed a special concert for the BGE-nostalgic Space Monkeys among us!
There is a lot of promises coming from the developer to full world traveling and even some space travel. In this day and age that is not unheard of with other titles that are living up to that ability. However, we have seen some footage that implies space battles too. Does this feel like it is going to be higher than the 50 GB disc…hmmm maybe, just maybe this game is geared towards the new consoles?
HITRECORD Extension Announcement: New Challenges Await
HITRECORD is all about making creative things together as a community, and this is one of the best ways we could think of to get fans involved in Beyond Good and Evil 2’s development. After all, true wealth lies in others…
You Space Monkeys impressed us with your fantastic works of art and music that you produced together. The amazing pieces we received truly show the great cultural diversity in our community and we couldn’t be prouder!
Pretty much this is just reassurance and making sure that you the fans are aware the Space program is alive. Honestly, some of us here were expecting a bit more than a recap of what is happening. However here is what they are asking for so you can be part of the action.
We have opened new projects and challenges on the BGE2 community collaboration page. All you have to do is join in and participate! This time, we invite you to create:
- More Pirate Songs! Musically-inclined Space Monkeys are amazingly talented, and we can’t wait to hear your new System 3 anthems. If you’re interested in playing an instrument, composing, writing lyrics, or producing tracks, there may be something here for you!
- Album Art. Along with the songs the community created during the first round of challenges, you also created some inspiring album covers. We liked them so much that we created new album art challenges this time around! If graphic arts are more your style, check them out!
- Radio Cheeta Call-ins. In the previous round, you all created jingles for Radio Cheeta, the System 3’s pirate radio. This time around, you can write and perform the voices of space pirates calling into Radio Cheeta, talking about what they think happened to the legendary crew of the Gada. This project is ideal for experienced or aspiring writers and voice actors!
That last part has this beast interested in doing some voice work would be nice. Either way here is to hoping for more details even a beta maybe of Beyond Good and Evil 2. If you have not joined the Space Moneky Program please do so by clicking on this link right here. Share your thoughts below on anticipation or what you are feeling towards this sequel. – Beast Out –
- Sakura Wars PS4 Release Details - February 13, 2020
- Resident Evil Resistance: Two News Masterminds and Maps Revealed - February 12, 2020
- Tom Clancy’s The Division: Warlords of New York Reveal - February 11, 2020