Flight Delay = Mario & Sonic Party Time
Things like Flight Delayed for a gamer should never be a bother since many games are portable. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 is one of those titles to help with that situation. If you are a Nintendo Switch user or a Switch Lite user you already have the advantage. Before our review comes out and if you are still not sure about picking up this title, we have some more details to cement your decision.
Mario and Sonic is Good Entertainment
We received an e-mail that is themed for flight delays it seems. It is funny because there are many scenarios where you are either at the DMV or in a waiting room. You just want to occupy your mind for a bit and why not, so here is a list of things to do for just those occasions when playing Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020.
- A Wah-tastic Win: Show off Wario’s perfect swimming technique in the pool and earn more gold medals than Michael Phelps.
- Relive the Glory Days: Bowser is surprisingly graceful on the diving platform, at least in his classic 2D form. Experience this swan of 8-bit glory leap off the high board with an elegant landing.
- Achieve Those Squad Goals: Pairing up Peach, Daisy, Amy, and Blaze the Cat as they run the pitch and stand tall on the podium in Football.
- Prove that Shadow is the Ultimate Lifeform: …On the beach by surfing those high waves!
- Our Main Event of the Evening: Find out who is pound-for-pound the greatest boxer on the roster with memorable match-ups: Peach vs. Bowser. Tails vs. Yoshi. Mario vs. Metal Sonic.
There are many possibilities that will entertain you and many players with the co-op features.
Features to keep an eye out for!
- Brand New Story: Help Mario and Sonic escape from a 2D-themed console, the “Tokyo ’64,” hatched as part of Dr. Eggman’s and Bowser’s nefarious plans to trap the colorful and capable power pair.
- A Bountiful Medley of Events: Skateboard, surf, and race your way to the top of the podium! With more than 30 events to master in this fun-filled Olympic Games showdown, there are plenty of ways to prove your skills to your friends in local and online multiplayer.
- Push the Boundaries: Dream Events deliver a layer of fantastical chaos. Zip through a downhill obstacle course on your hoverboard, throwdown for territorial control with lightning-fast karate action, or smash the most targets inside a traditional Japanese manor!
- So Many Ways to Play*: Exclusively on Nintendo Switch, determine who the real champion is while using the fun and flexibility of Joy-Con controllers to your advantage.
- Play with a Cast of Fan-Favorite Characters: The gang’s all here! Play as Mario, Sonic, and a star-studded cast of your favorite SEGA and Nintendo characters!
We received a review copy early and pretty much almost through the game. In my two cents for being my first Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, it is not bad at all. The important thing to take away is the fun competitive nature of the game and its replay value. It can be broken down into 3 categories.
2D game events:
- 10m Platform (Diving)
- 400m Hurdles
- Gymnastics – Vault
- Kayak Single (K-1) 1000m
- Long Jump
- Shooting – Trap
- 110m Hurdles
- 4 x 100m Relay
- Canoe Double (C-2) 1000m
- Discus Throw
- Equestrian – Jumping
- Football (Soccer)
- Gymnastics – Floor Exercise
- Javelin Throw
- Karate – Kumite
- Rugby Sevens
- Skateboarding – Park
- Sport Climbing
- Surfing – Shortboard
- Swimming – 100m Freestyle
- Table Tennis
- Triple Jump
Lastly the Dream Events:
- Dream Karate
- Dream Racing
- Dream Shooting
That’s it for now and expect Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 to be released on November 5th, 2019 exclusively on the Nintendo Switch going. It will retail for $59.99 which you can pre-order in the eShop or the official website. You can check out our video preview of the game below on our youtube channel. – Beast Out –
Latest posts by Beast Gamer Kuma (see all)
- Bayonetta & Vanquish Re-Launch on Xbox One and PS4 - December 9, 2019
- Beastly Preview: Project XCloud Streaming Service - December 9, 2019
- My Hero One’s Justice 2 Release Date Announced. - December 2, 2019