Wargroove Releasing on PS4 This Week
It seems that PlayStation 4 is late to this release party, but it is okay. This turned based strategy game seems to be worth the wait. Being both published and developed by Chucklefish Wargroove gives access to up to 4 players in this adventure as a Commander and their units to wage war. Let’s take a look at the trailer to get a better idea of what to expect.
Wargroove will Challenge you!
Wargroove is a modern take on the simple yet deep turn-based tactical gameplay popularised in the 2000s by handheld games such as Advance Wars. As big fans of those games we were disappointed to find that nothing in this genre was available on current generation platforms and set out to fill the gap ourselves. Wargroove aims to recreate the charm and accessibility of the titles that inspired it whilst bringing modern technology into the formula. This modern focus allows for higher resolution pixel art, robust online play and deep modding capability, ultimately creating the most complete experience for Advance Wars and TBS fans.
- Choose from one of 12+ Commanders from 4 warring factions – the Cherrystone Kingdom, Heavensong Empire, Felheim Legion, and Floran Tribes
- Strategically use your Commander’s unique “groove” ability to sway the battle in your favour
- Battle your way through the Campaign Mode to discover the story and motivations behind each faction
- Challenge your friends to local and online multiplayer skirmish modes with complete rule customisation, as well as local and online competitive and co-op play
- Design and share online your own complex series of battlefields, with branching story paths using easy to master in-game map and campaign editors
- Learn more about each character you encounter through a trial of boisterous bouts in Arcade mode, fighting 5 different opponents in quick succession
- Outwit the enemy in Puzzle mode, using your strategic skills to complete tricky challenges in just ONE turn
- Discover the history and lore of the world of Wargroove and its inhabitants in the Codex, as well as handy strategy tips and rules for use in battle
- Seek out hidden in-game content and unlockables – old school style!
- Playable in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese!
We wanted to ensure as much parity as possible between all the different platform versions of Wargroove, so the PS4 version has the exact same content as all the other versions, aside from cross-platform multiplayer which unfortunately will not be supported. Players can however still download community-made map designs and content share between platforms, including PS4!
My thoughts so far is I am looking forward to seeing what this game is about and having multiplayer is quite interesting. The art style is retro which I enjoy and the combat looks to be smooth. I do like the idea that you can make custom maps that seems to be popular already with the community. It almost feels that this game deserves cross-play between systems. All and all Wargroove will be available on July 23rd for the PlayStation 4. If you want you can pick it which is already out on the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC.
Hopefully we can live stream the game on releasse which I hope to see you there for a live review. – Beast Out –
Latest posts by Beast Gamer Kuma (see all)
- Bayonetta & Vanquish Re-Launch on Xbox One and PS4 - December 9, 2019
- Beastly Preview: Project XCloud Streaming Service - December 9, 2019
- My Hero One’s Justice 2 Release Date Announced. - December 2, 2019